You may view the quick video tutorial below to know how to find comparable sales on Stash:
To find comparable sales from your search, follow these steps below:
- Select on the property you'd like to search its comparable sales.
- On the left side of your Stash page, you will see its property details.
- On the bottom left side of your Stash page, click on 'Add Comparables'.
4. You can also filter your search by clicking on the drop-down menu beside Type, Beds, Baths, Cars, and Radius and then choose your desired type of property, the number of beds, baths, and cars, and radius. Hit the search button to apply chosen filters.
5. The comparable sales results will automatically appear on your screen. The red dots with prices are the comparable sales results from your search.
Note: The green circle on the map means a 1km radius from the property you were searching comparable sales results with. If you will zoom out the map, you will also be able to see blue circles, which means 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10km radius from your property search.
7. You may also sort your search by address (arranges the comparable search results alphabetically by property address), the number of beds, baths, cars, area size, type (property type), property price, and sold date by clicking on 'Sort By' drop-down menu as shown below:
8. By default, all properties from your comparable sales search results are selected. You may untick the checkbox if you want to remove it from your comparable search results. Notice that the Recently Sold properties - Median price ( $____) will change its price once you've unticked the checkbox of the property.
9. You may also save your comparable sales search result in your Stash Property account by clicking the çheck icon and you can always retrieve the saved results.
Note: Please make sure to stash the property so you can retrieve the property easily.
Question 1: How do the comparable sales generated in Stash?
Answer: Our comparables sales are generated based on sales for the past 12 months within 5 km. radius. Here some additional information about Stash's Comparable Sales:
1. It performs a Comparable search using the following criteria:
- 5 km radius,
- a limit of 100,
- area < 1,000 sq. m. (we take similar properties sold with an area of +/- 5% and if there are not enough results, we bump it to 10%, then 20%, and so on until 50% (Note: Only 10+ results are taken to account), and
- area >= 1,000 sq. m. same as the information above but we start with a +/- 20% area difference (Note: Only 3+ results are taken into account)
Question 2: How do you calculate the purchase price?
Answer: The purchase price is based on (median/average sq.m.) x property area
Also, the Comparable is then saved in the Stash database and can be viewed via that Report Link (so the user can check which properties were used in the comparable.)
You may also populate feasibility results using your comparable sales results. Click on the article below: